Monday, August 29, 2011

DON'T WAIT TO NOMINATE!

Remember Charlie Cawley? He got his second lease on life at the Alexander Family YMCA. After years of smoking, he was diagnosed with COPD.

“The doctor told me that I had the lung capacity of an 80-year-old,” Charlie said. “I was only 65!”
Charlie at the Y

Charlie turned to the Y to live a healthier life.

“I had a membership to the Y for a few years, and I figured  I might as well use it!” Charlie joked.

Today, he exercises 3 -4 times a week. He’s off all medications and says he feels like an 18-year-old.

If you know someone like Charlie, nominate him or her for the YMCA Lifestyle Change Award in conjunction with the Triangle Heart Walk on Sept. 25 at the RBC Center. Click here for a registration form.

Complete a nomination form by Sept. 2. Four winners will get a free year at the Y! Click here for nomination forms.

And be sure to register and join the YMCA of the Triangle team for a free 1-mile or 3-mile walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment